Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I'm Ugly and I'm Proud!

Anyone remember that line from Spongebob? Or am I the only one that was childish enough to watch it? For this last blog post, I wish to write something so simple to us, yet it's just as foreign. Being content with yourself. I've learned this past week, and really this past semester, that I am not ideal. I'm not even close to where I thought I was (self-detrimental humor sucks sometimes). I've understood that I'm not perfect for as long as I can remember, but I'm starting to know that I'm not perfect. And to be honest, some of that may be on BYU...

We are told by Paul himself that we can have all that the Father has; we are joint heirs with Christ. I remember this quote from Elder Christofferson, and I'm paraphrasing, "Humility is not the same thing as humiliation." Of course we want to cement who we are, as we are always told here at every BYU devotional, every Sunday, and even in our classes. I remember sacrament meeting a few weeks ago, someone said that if we are commanded to love our neighbor as ourself, and we treat everyone with kindness, why don't we treat ourselves like we treat them?

Hence the blog title, I believe in traditional, morals, the whole nine yards. Tradition is how people find themselves, and how they start to know who they are. One talk I heard by Jack Christensen said "you think you know him [Christ], but you don't". It's okay to not know something. Just because we may know something or everything, it doesn't make us right. That was one insight I had this week.

Here are a few of my other recent realizations:

1. History does not repeat itself. People serving their beliefs and desired outcomes repeat what people in history have shown us will fail.

2. It's easier to destroy something than to create it. Mankind thinks we progress by finding something to knock down or destroy.

3. From NCIS: "Always let the suspect draw his own conclusions"

Peace. I'm out.

P.S. Don't be me and procrastinate this last MCOM assignment. All-nighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment