Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Hard Reality of, well, Reality

I'll be honest, I hate reality. Thinking about it, I understand more than I know, and I don't think that I'm alone. Here's what I'm thinking, but it's only a thought. Maybe we don't learn things when we think we do. Psychology and neurology have gotten us far, but here's my theory. I believe that we don't necessarily learn when or how we think we do. I think concepts exist, and naturally, we come to make the connection when new material is introduced. Does this sound like learning? I believe that learning is a personal, cognizant action. I think, subconsciously though, we make connections that we haven't been introduced to.

Here's where my title comes into play. I believe that I have recently seen these connections in my life. And not that I'm just observing them, I actually believe that I've been making some. Don't get me wrong, I completely believe in religion and the role of inspiration. I feel like reality and fate are intertwined by the way we explain it. Reality seems to have an outside influence, as if we are subjects to the reality of fate.

I have a quote from Bill Watterson that I have seen in my life. "Reality continues to ruin my life". Although we don't know what will happen in the future, can we do and know more than just anticipate it? Some may call it OCD, and maybe it is, but I've noticed that the more we actively observe, the less we know, but the more we understand. I believe there is a lot more to tendencies than we believe, but reality is just as bad as it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment