Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Reason as to Why This Blog Exists

The Millennial generation carries well-known stereotypes such as lazy, narcissist, rude, etc.. Although I make fun of it, I am part of the generation. But what I learned this week was just how real, and scary, it is to be part of this movement, if you will.

I recently started watching a show called, The Great Indoors, a show on CBS with Joel McHale. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. The reason that this TV show is relevant is because it centers around making fun of Millennial stereotypes. This show has gotten bad reviews from people, but guess what?: The offended are Millennials! In my opinion, this show is doing everything right, down to a "T". One episode makes fun of Tinder, another gender labels. I've attached both. I want to get rid of a tendency I may have of "change yourself, change the generation". I'm all for activism, but it kind of seems like a load of crap. Take it as a blessing: people who still believe in traditional, and ethical, I may add, principles are just distinguished even more. Why should I, or you, care?: Guilty by association.

How do I plan to use this? To be honest, I love this show and am around seven episodes behind. When I have time from homework, I am all for watching it. It's funny because it's real. Below this I'm attaching a short interview. It'll look like a long post, but I guarantee it's not. Remember, it's 7:30 on a Saturday night, and I'm a college kid.


Stephen Fry, who stars in the show as a travel editor who becomes the boss of a group of millennials in the digital department of a magazine, jumped in to say that he believes there is “an element of coddling” in the generation and “an element in which you have it tougher than the generation before.”
“Yeah, no shit” the millennial reporter, not named by Deadline, fired back, before saying she wanted the question answered by Gibbons, not Fry (who noted a previous generation in his family was sent to Auschwitz).

“A great example is how you interrupted my answer,” Gibbons replied.
Another incensed millennial reporter later rhetorically asked: “Do you want millennials to watch your show? Cause you come out here and said ‘Ha, ha, ha, millennials are so sensitive and PC,’”, branding his comments “so negative”.
The Great Indoors co-star Joel McHale interjected that if the show is offending millennials, it is “the best strategy ever”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment